Multiple Timeframe Super Trend Indicator
The Super Trend Indicator is very popular and here is the multiple timeframes version of such a super trend indicator. With this indicator, you can see the value of the super trend indicator at a glance for various time frames.
Additionally, with this indicator, the chart is not messed up as it is displayed in the sub-window instead of the main chart.
Here we introduce such a revolutionary MT4 indicator "the MTF SuperTrend".
The MTF Super Trend indicator displayed in a sub-window under the price chart
It is also possible to fold the sub-window and make it even smaller.
When this indicator is placed on a chart, 4 bars will be displayed in the sub-window. Each bar shows the value of the super trend indicator in a different time frame. For example, in the above picture, the 5-minute chart shows the super trend indicator of 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour and 4 hours from the bottom.
By doing multiple timeframes analysis like this, you can see at a glance what is happening in other time frames.
Tips on how to use:
1. It is good to enter trades when all the bars used as trade triggers turn red or blue. In such cases, a fairly strong trend has probably developed.
2. This indicator can also be used for exit signals either for a profit or an early exit as a stop loss.
3. As with the RSI, the MACD or any other technical indicator, it is often more effective to combine them in order to achieve greater confirmation of trade signals. Combining the MTF Super Trend indicator with other indicators also further increases its reliability.
The following picture shows such a case of combining the MTF SuperTrend indicator with another indicator. However, since this indicator is already MTF-ed, it is quite reliable by itself also. Therefore, trading is possible even with this indicator alone.
- Period_1: Timeframe for SuperTrend that is shown at first place
- Period_2: Timeframe for SuperTrend that is shown at second place
- Period_3: Timeframe for SuperTrend that is shown at third place
- Period_4: Timeframe for SuperTrend that is shown at fourth place
- AutoDisplay: Automatically set timeframe according to current timeframe (See the table below)
These timeframes are automatically determined according to the current (opened) timeframe in MT4
Download the "MTF_SuperTrend_Bar" indicator for free from the button below
Tip: Can’t open the downloaded archive file (ZIP or RAR)?
Try WinRAR for Windows or The Unarchiver for Mac .
Do you need help with installing this indicator into MT4 for Windows or Mac OS? Our guide HERE will help you.